Monday, November 15, 2010

Another Teddy Bear Trade

A few months ago, I wrote about a wonderful trade I did with Canadian teddy bear artist, Michelle Mutschler. We just completed trade number two: my 1918 American teddy bear and a vintage Fisher Price Goldilocks and the Three Bears playset for four of Michelle's tiny handmade bears (along with an old German dollhouse doll and a bunch of vintage holiday decorations and cards.)

Here's the group of Michelle's quirky miniature bears, ranging in size from just 3 1/2 inches tall to 6 1/2 inches, made of aged velvets and assorted trims:

 
The clown bear has to be seen in profile to have his wonderful oddness fully appreciated:



The looooooong skinny panda is my favorite out of the bunch:


Poor "Rose" suffers from an enlarged cranium which she unsuccessfully tries to disguise with a festive bow:


As does her sister, little "Pinky":


Thanks Michelle, for another fun trade!

2 comments:

  1. OMG! Thanks for the much needed giggle my dear friend! I'm glad you enjoy them and how in the world did you make that clown bear stand!!!?
    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took some doing...and I think he fell over a mere second after I snapped this pic.

    ReplyDelete