Friday, February 18, 2011

Antique Photo Post Card: Boy with Dog Cart

I'm always on the lookout for old photos of children with toys, to complement my toy collections. My most recent find was this, a real photo postcard from 1910, of a little boy posed in a dog cart.


The poor doggy looks very unhappy, but the boy is adorable, as is the message from him on the back of the postcard. Sent to a Mr. John Rurth of Jefferson, Wisconsin on April 28 1910, it reads:  

"What do you think of me now. I grow bigger every day. I have a pony now clear white with brown eyes. I take dinner to Papa with him when Papa is very busy and won't come home for dinner. Harold (last name illegible)."

2 comments:

  1. I think the problem is that doggy is long dead to the world (ie.stuffed).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the dog was stuffed, it wouldn’t be wearing a muzzle. Just saying....

      Delete