Sunday, March 13, 2011

Flintstones Weebles

Hasbro's original Weebles toy line, made in the 1970s, was one of my childhood favorites. The playsets and figures were, for a brief period, competitors for Fisher Price's Little People. Any kid who grew up in America in the '70s must surely remember the company's famous advertising jingle, "Weebles wobble but they don't fall down," as well as the parent and media induced "choking hazard" scare that prematurely ended the line.

Most Weeble sets were generically themed (a cottage with family; pirates in a ship; cowboys on a ranch) but there were a few licensed character tie-ins, including the Flintstones.

Yabba Dabba Doo!

3 comments:

  1. That jingle is still there in my brain, taking up space that could have been used for something useful. I will forget someone's name or forget where I put my keys, but I'll never forget that stupid jingle - and the 50 or so others. It's easily a few GB of brain space if you include the video. Plop, plop, fizz fizz...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee Christine H., you are a naughty one!
    I read your comment 2 days ago and Plop,plop,fizz fizz...has been chanting in my head since then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. but did the Flintstones Weebles have a playset?

    ReplyDelete