Monday, June 13, 2011

Miniature Tin Toy & Candy Shop

I found this antique miniature tin shop on display with a whole town full of other buildings, including a movie theater (with a marquee that read "Moving Pictures"), a drug store, and a red schoolhouse. Sadly I could only afford one, and this was my favorite, of course. Dating from 1914 and measuring just under 3 inches tall, the lithographed tin shop was originally a candy container.




The detail is remarkable
for such a tiny piece.
In the toy window,
you can just make out
a teddy bear, doll,
and red wagon:

4 comments:

  1. It's an absolute delight Tracy.

    PS I've finally put a blog list/roll on my sidebar - including you of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great. Too bad you couldn't buy up the whole town. If your toy museum was up and running, you could write it off as a business expense. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's an idea...if I get the museum open soon enough, maybe I can write off everything I bought in England!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Norma! Glad you liked it! Hey, I found a teddy bear from your part of the world on my recent trip to England!

    ReplyDelete